what this blog is about




The following is a work of fiction set in a very far future. Nothing in it should be taken too seriously…

Monday, June 4, 2012

Omni


♀/♂

"Would you care for a walk?" she asked. "We could take a tour of the Center and the grounds."

He nodded. "That would be nice." Then he remembered he was naked. "I'll need clothing."

She smiled. "Nudity is not the issue it was once. But, for your comfort, let us have you dressed." Then, she seemed to speak to the air itself, "Oh, Omni."

To his amazement, something shimmered into being in the room. There, standing in front of them, was a tall figure, like a woman, though with a strangely colored skin and hair. But what was truly bizarre was that it was possible to see through her. She was slightly transparent.


"I am the dominant persona..."


It smiled at him. "Good morning," it said. "I hope I didn't frighten you."

He goggled at her. "What…?"

"This," Dr. Elena said, "is Omni. Or, rather, a three dimensional holographic projection of Omni. Her avatar."

"I am the dominant persona of the World Computing Network," Omni herself added. "Do you recall the Internet of your period? Well, I’m the direct descendent of it."

"I…" he sat, stunned.

"We'll get along fine," the shimmering figure said, "I'm sure."

No comments:

Post a Comment