what this blog is about




The following is a work of fiction set in a very far future. Nothing in it should be taken too seriously…

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

You absolutely terrified her.


/

Désiré cocked his head to one side and seemed to be measuring Bobbi's size and shape. "What was the problem, could you tell? Why didn't you date?"

"I don't know. They just wouldn't do it. I mean, go out with me."

"Hmmm." The other boy considered. "Tell me about your approach. How did you deal with women?"

"I don't know. I just tried to be nice."

"Nice? That may be significant. Tell me about the times women rejected you. Better yet, tell me about one woman who rejected you. Tell me the whole story."

"Well…" he thought. "There was Millie." And he found himself telling Désiré everything.

Millie had worked in one of the same companies he had, at NuGames in fact. She'd been in the cubicle down from his. She was, he thought, absolutely gorgeous, and once he'd thought he seen her smiling at him. So, he had tried to woo her a little. He'd called her up and asked her to join him for coffee. She'd agreed and they'd gone to the café across the street. 

He'd bought her the coffee. Then asked if she were hungry and when she said she was, he'd gotten her a muffin. And then he'd thought she might like a new travel mug, so he got her one of those, too. And then, they'd walked back and he'd held the door for her. And…

"And let me guess," Désiré interrupted, "you showered her with gifts. And any time she wanted something, or you thought she wanted something, you were there to provide it. And, then, all of a sudden, she told you never to call her again."

"Er…yes," he admitted. 

"You terrified her," the other boy said, chiding him gently. "You absolutely terrified her."








No comments:

Post a Comment